We are a Nuremberg-based patent law firm specializing in advising and representing medium-sized companies in all national and international matters of intellectual property. Our aim is to provide our clients’ ideas and innovations with optimal legal protection. In order to avoid legal disadvantages in protecting ideas and innovations, it is of particular importance to seek legal support at an early stage.
Patents are used to protect technical ideas (objects, methods and substances) from imitation. In order to acquire a patent, the technical idea has to be described within the framework of a patent application. A patent is granted on the basis of an examination by the relevant patent office into whether the technical idea is novel, inventive and industrially applicable. The economic value of a patent resides primarily in the wording of its claims, which set out the scope of protection.
Services we provide:
- Preparing patent applications
- Filing patent applications and implementing examination proceedings at the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) and the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Ordering the filing of national foreign patent applications through associates abroad, including coordination of examina tion proceedings
- Representing patent proprietors in revocation and opposition proceedings
- Representation before and during court proceedings in the event of patent infringement
- Drawing up expert reports
- Carrying out searches and assessing search results
- Representation in border seizure cases
- Patent valuation
- Standard-Essential Patents (SEP)